GoFi8ure named ICNZB’s Bookkeeping Business of the Year 2020
We have some exciting news! GoFi8ure have been named Institute of Certified NZ Bookkeepers‘s Bookkeeping Business of the Year 2020! We are so proud of the team and what we achieve on a daily basis. Listen to the announcement here.
There are so many amazing Bookkeepers out there and we are honored to have been named a Finalist and then a Winner of this award. Congratulations to all of the Finalists and Winners #hugabookkeeper #communityovercompetition
The winner of Xero’s New Zealand Bookkeeping Partner of the Year goes to…. GoFi8ure!
They say things happen in 3’s and it couldn’t be truer. Words cannot describe how honoured and grateful we are to have won this prestigious award for the 3rd time.
For us, winning this award means the world. It reflects the brand promise and core values which our GoFi8urines live and breathe every day. Our business has grown and changed over the last 36 months and we couldn’t be prouder of what we have accomplished.
Our core values are really important to us. Everything we do relates to our core values, which are:
- Respect – We treat our clients and staff with respect
- Commitment – We are dedicated to providing best practice accounting and business management for our clients
- Understanding – We understand pressures and we aim to deliver on time, every time so you have peace of mind knowing everything is under control
- Tenacity – We keep going, and we make sure together we reach the goal and desired direction needed
- Integrity – We honour our professional commitments and the work that we do
- Responsibility and Accountability – We are responsible and believe in being honest and accountable for completing any task given to us by our clients
- Be Efficient and Effective – Best practice means doing the job once and properly, we will always find the most efficient and effective way to help you
We have a strong team of 13 qualified Accountants and Bookkeepers (“GoFi8urines”) in our Wellington CBD, Upper Hutt, Auckland and Dunedin branches. Each GoFi8urine brings a different skill set to the team which allows us to offer a one stop accounting solution for SME business owners, sole traders, contractors and not for profits.
We would like to congratulate our fellow finalists and friends, Julie Russell from Julie Russell Bookkeeping and Glennis Stuckey from Katalyst Cloud Business Services. We are so honoured to have shared this experience with you and are so proud of what you have achieved over the last few years.
We would also like to thank Xero – for providing us with a tool and platform so that we can help business owners overcome the fear of their accounts. GoFi8ure + Xero = Beautiful Accounting Solutions.
If you would like to find out more about how GoFi8ure can help you and your business, send us a message or call us on 0800 463 488 to book your complimentary assessment.
Running a successful business requires making smart decisions and whilst many business owners have a range of talents and expertise, they often don’t have the accounting knowledge necessary to ensure the Bookkeeping side of the business runs smoothly. Having a qualified Bookkeeper helps give you peace of mind knowing your accounts are up to date and accurate.
So why hire a qualified Bookkeeper?
A good Bookkeeper is worth their weight in gold. Why? Because to them best practice is the only way they work. Would you let an unqualified mechanic fix your car? The same goes for your accounts. By hiring an experienced Bookkeeper, you are able to focus on the growth of your business. Though you can still monitor the progress of your accounts, the day-to-day responsibility is removed, giving you the freedom and reassurance that your accounts are being looked after.
What can a Bookkeeper do for you?
· Bookkeepers help save you time – As a business owner, time is your most valuable asset. Would you rather use your time to plan, direct, and spend on the things you love doing? Or would you rather spend your extra time doing your accounts? Hiring a Bookkeeper means you know your accounts are well taken care of and you no longer have to worry about last minute GST deadlines or paying staff on time.
· Be a Leader, not a Manager – Being a leader means helping other people to grow and maximize their own full potential. How can you do that when you are stuck in other areas of the business? A good Bookkeeper is like a side-kick, they know what you need whilst having an in depth understanding of your business and KPIs (key performance indicators) allowing them to help enable you in your role.
· Hire someone who knows their stuff – When hiring someone to take care of your accounts; you may want to consider approaching a professional bookkeeping firm, who has experience with your accounting software and industry. Your Bookkeeper will be able to provide vital, meaningful management reporting and data; they can also show you where the leaks are and help you improve your accounting processes and systems.
Not sure what condition your accounts are in? Get our Warrant of Finance (WOF) service for $250 + GST and find out what areas need improvement and how you can be more efficient. To book your WOF email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.gofi8ure.co.nz
Did you spend 2014 overworked and overwhelmed? How many hats did you wear? The upside about being your own boss is you can decide the details of what you want to do. The downside is more often than not, you have to wear more than one business hat!
What if this year – you could wear the hats you wanted too not had to? Imagine what that could mean for you, your business and for those around you.
Here are some tips on how to “choose what you want to do and outsource the rest”
1. Delegate – Kiwis have the DIY attitude but that doesn’t always work in Business. If there is a job someone else can do then delegate – lessen your to do list!
2. Do the most difficult task first – A lot of us start the day by doing the easy tasks first but that often leaves you tackling the hardest tasks when your energy is sapped. Instead, do the most difficult tasks first.
3. If it isn’t your strength – give the work to someone who knows their stuff. For example, if you aren’t a numbers person, why spend your precious time doing the books when you could pay a certified Bookkeeper to get the job done in half the time.
4. Don’t multi-task – multitasking usually means doing a bunch of things poorly. You’re much better off giving all of your attention to one task that you really hit out of the park.
5. Have a daily plan – If you have a list for all your tasks that day, you will get through the list quicker and feel great about getting them ticked off the list!
6. Ignore your email when busy – It is hard to do but it will ensure you get a good stretch of totally focused work time.
For those who aren’t use to outsourcing, it is a great way to help ease the workload whilst getting the job done. Just remember – You don’t have to do everything yourself. So make 2015 a smarter year for working not harder!
If GoFi8ure can assist with your bookkeeping or accounts please get in touch by emailing email@example.com today.