Xero’s new Navigation page
Have you heard? Xero are changing their navigation bar!
Why have Xero changed the navigation bar?
To make it faster and simpler for you to find the tools you need.
What does this change mean for you?
It means by the end of November when you go to use Xero, the items that you would normally use are no longer in the same place.
To read Xero’s update click here.
What has changed?
The biggest change with the navigation bar is that business and accounting tools have been separated, making it easier for you to find what you need.
Business vs accounting
The most obvious change is that business and accounting tools have been separated, making it easier for you to find what you need.
Everyday tasks are grouped logically under the Business menu. Here you’ll find all the tools that most small businesses use on a daily basis, such as:
- Invoices and quotes
- Bills and purchase orders
- Expense claims
- Inventory, now labelled Products and services
The Accounting menu holds the advisory and compliance tools that are more commonly used by advisers and partners of the organisation. These include:
- Bank accounts
- Advanced accounting tools and settings
Any reports, tools or settings that have been set as favourites show in the Accounting menu. By default the following tools and settings are set as favourites:
- Chart of accounts
- Find and recode
- Manual journals
- Fixed assets
Each user can set their own favourites by selecting any of the options in the Advanced accounting settings.
Now is the perfect time to get a Xero fresher training session booked in. Our qualified and experienced Xero trainers are ready to show you how the new navigation tool bar works so you can still work efficiently and effectively.
Book your Xero refresher training by clicking here.
When you start or grow a business, one of the first and most important things you will think about is how to keep a record of your accounts. Whether your business uses a Bookkeeper or an Accounts Assistant/Manager, you should have an effective accounts management system in place. Unless you have a very small hobby business, an excel spreadsheet just won’t cut it. So if you want your business to run successfully, it is important to choose an accounting system that best suits your needs.
There are a lot of systems out there so which one is the most efficient and best suited for your business?
At GoFi8ure we’ve used every type of accounting package out there, so when clients ask which system will save time, money and is easy to use we highly recommend Xero.
You’ve probably heard other business owners talk about it; you might have even tried it, or seen it advertised somewhere and thought about moving over. Well now is the best time to make the move! Xero is a multi-functional accounting package that helps business owners – BIG and small run their financial data easily, accurately and without any hassle.
So why would Xero be a great solution for your business?
– Reconciliation time gets cut in half saving you or your staff time each week.
– You can invoice as well as apply credit notes with the click of a button.
– GST has never been easier. Gone are the manual reconciliations and checking everything three times for accuracy.
– You can easily update fixed assets & depreciation schedules for accurate reporting.
– Xero offers pay runs and track wage expenses and can connect with your payroll system.
Getting a little bit tempted? What if we told you Xero could…?
– Save you time – no more long hours slaving over your accounts.
– Save you money – Time = money, so spending time on what you REALLY want.
– Lower your Accountants bill – If you have spreadsheets or an older accounting system, it takes more time to reconcile and prepare. Xero has everything at a click of a button so you save time instantly.
– Give you peace of mind – If you didn’t go into business to do accounts then simplify your life by using a clean and effective accounting package today.
So now we have your attention – how can GoFi8ure help you?
– We offer one-on-one training for business owners and their staff.
– We are Xero Gold Partners so we can help get you set up on Xero.
– If you don’t want to be doing your own accounts, we can do them for you. Awarded Xero’s Bookkeeping Partner of the Year 2013, we are experts in our field.
Take the stress out of your accounts by getting onto Xero and start doing beautiful business today! To sign up to Xero and book your training email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 463 488.