At GoFi8ure we truly believe that training is not a cost, but an investment in your business and future growth.
You may have heard this popular question that highlights the importance of investing in employee training, it goes something like this:
Person 1 asks “What if we spend money on training our employees and they leave?”
Person 2 replies “What if we don’t and they stay?!”
In this article we highlight why employee training is a crucial part of a successful business.
1. Training gives employees the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out their work to the best of their ability, resulting in an increase in productivity and quality of work.
2. Training can give your employees an increased and more diverse skill set, where they can take on additional responsibilities while supporting their own career progression.
3. Training can give your business a genuine competitive advantage over your competition. The simplest way you can be better than your competitors is by having employees that work better than the rest. Training is a direct route to achieving this.
4. Training helps reduce employee turnover. Investing in your employees makes them feel valued and lets them know you are interested in developing their skills. As a result they tend to stay longer and contribute more to your business. Replacing staff is expensive and time consuming. It is much better to train and retain your best people in the first place.
5. Whether it is training, methods of working or legislation – things continuously change in the work place. Regular training means your business and your employees don’t get left behind and they stay working at their best, both today and in the future.
6. Training decreases the need for supervision. Untrained and under-qualified staff can drain your management resources and distract your best people from urgent and important tasks. Avoid becoming over reliant on one person by training at least one other staff member of your team to the desired standard.
Invest in your business today!