How having cloud accounting software can help your business
For those who are not very familiar with the concept, the cloud might seem like a scary, ambiguous place where information disappears. In reality, it is anything but that. Cloud computing has a massive array of benefits when it comes to the business world.
With the new Financial Year just around the corner, now is the time to start looking into how your current accounting system or software fits into your 2018 goals and business growth strategy. Getting organised now will help you manage the books faster and more efficiently than ever before.
To sum it up: cloud computing is a way for people and companies to access digital resources (files, music, photos, software, social media, etc.) over the internet. These resources are not stored on your personal or company hard drive. Instead, they are stored on the premises of a cloud computing company.
When it comes to how cloud computing can impact your business, the benefits are abundant. Here are some reasons why you may want to jump on board.
• Multiple user access: Financial data is available to anyone with login credentials. The company accountant can access the books from their home or office and play a bigger role in the financials of the business.
• Data entry: Cloud accounting software connects to your bank account and other cloud based software. This allows data to automatically flow between the systems, removing the need for as much manual entry.
• Transferring data: You almost never need to transfer data out of the cloud since it is housed in a single location and can be accessed directly through the internet.
• Protecting data: Because the information is not stored locally, there is no risk of losing data in the event of a computer failure.
• Software update: The great thing about the cloud is the updates take place automatically. You always have the most recent version of the software, without being forced to pay extra or go through another installation process.
• Insights: Cloud computing gives business owners’ access to real-time data. This big data can help inform business decisions with real time information which will help you to grow your company in a more productive manner.
So what do you think? Do you have a better understanding of all the ins and outs of the cloud? And are you ready to use it for your business? If you are ready to move to the cloud get in touch – we are cloud integration specialists that can help make your transition to the cloud smooth and stress free.